Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hmmmm.... Jelly!

A few weeks ago we went for a drive with my parents and ended up at an orchard. As many of you know apples in the mid west have not done well due to a freeze, a hail storm and the drought. The great thing about this orchard is that they have a cute country store that sells many local things. Meat, pies, vegetables and fruit. Since my grapevine didn't do well this year I picked up half a bushel of concord grapes.
 

I didn't have time to make the jelly right away, but as you know grapes won't wait.
 

I juiced the grapes and then stored it until I had time to make the jelly. You can store the juice in the refrigerator or can it. It just depends on how long until you are ready to make your jelly.


I think jelly is one of the easier things to make.  If you are new to home preserving this might be a good place to start. 


If you would like to see how I make my jelly you can see the post from last year.


If you are wondering I got 30 1/2 jars.  That should keep us going for a while!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I've never tried making grape jelly! I do have a freezer full of strawberry jelly though! Sounds like you're fixed up for the winter! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must learn to do this. It's a goal of mine so I'm so glad I found your blog!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like grape jelly. We won't be doing grapes for a month or so.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks so yummy! I haven't tried to make grape jelly yet, but would love to! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful.
    We grow raspberries and I have a freezer full, waiting to be made into jam and jelly.
    Nothing tastes better than homemade!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got to make the grape jelly. It looks great. I know you will enjoy it this winter. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Every year I say I'm going to do this and haven't found time to yet, lol. Thanks for sharing the steps. Have a wonderful night.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!