Thursday, September 20, 2012

Autumn Blocks

While reading my daily blogs I came across this post. I saw a picture of some blocks in a picture and knew I wanted to make something similar. Chuck cut me three 2x3 blocks and three 2x2 blocks out of scrap wood. I then painted them orange and added fall scrapbook paper using homemade hodge podge.  It works great!



I used scrapbook stickers for the lettering.  Once that was done I rubbed on and immediately wiped off some stain.  It is subtle but it really toned down the orange.  Next I hot glued sticks on the shorter blocks for stems and then tied twine around the "stem."


I am very happy with the way they turned out. I can't wait to find a spot for them this weekend.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! You are so creative! :) Have a fab. day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi, those are so sweet! you did a great job. The little stems and staining are the perfect finishing touches.
    I also like that they should not take up much room when you pack them away after this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yours turned out so cute, Wendi! Great job! I love them! Glad to hear the homemade modge podge works!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. You are so crafty. Glad to hear that the Modge Podge worked great.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These came out great! I love those sunflowers in the basket also. Too cute! How did you do them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!! I really like it. I think fall decorations are my favorite after Christmas of course. I put the recipe for oatmeal pie on my blog under desserts. Thanks for asking for the recipe. If you make it, let me know if you like it. It is a favorite around here. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so cleaver! I always am surprised to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!