Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little Organizing

This week the boys I watch are on vacation and I have big plans to clean and organize. Katy posted about her basket and it inspired me to get mine organized.  Oh, how I wish I would have taken a before picture! 

It seems that this area goes from neat to mess in a blink of an eye.  I noticed that Katy had all of her things standing up.  Genius!  Part of my problem was digging through the basket for things.  Another thing that she did was use a pencil box.  I normally had a pen or pencil stuck into the spiral of my notebook.  This was fine except Eli (23 mos) would sometimes take it out.  That is a disaster waiting to happen!



I like to see what other people have so I thought I would share what is in my basket.  Next to my basket is my coupon organizer.  Inside I have my Bible and Chucks.  Along with my homekeeping binder and a Bible Study.  I am getting ready to start an online study of Colossians as part of Good Morning Girls.  I am going to take part in a group with Monica  at The Homespun Heart.  She was looking for a group of about 10 ladies to join.  As of mid morning she and I were the only ones.  If you are interested in joining us, please, go visit Monica and shoot her an e-mail. 

Anyway,  I am currently reading Americas Cheapest Family. I have a small notepad and then my spiral notebook. 


In the back I have some magazines that I need to look through.  I wanted to see if there are any recipes I want to clip.

I also worked on Megan's room today.  This is after a whirlwind weekend.  She loves boxes and as soon as one arrives she claims it.  Sometimes I wonder why we have toys! lol


I threw out a bag of trash.  Is it just my daughter that can never part with a piece of paper?  Along with two boxes of things to give away.   


Ahhh, much better!  Tomorrow I am going to run a couple of errands in the morning and then I will tackle my room and the bathroom.  I don't know about you, but I enjoy cleaning and organizing.  It is a wonderful feeling to go back into that space and see how neat and tidy everything is.  Maybe I am weird. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

9 comments:

  1. I agree Wendi....there's nothing like walking back into a room after you've organized something and just admire it!

    I have a basket in my dining room that I use sort of like Katy, but like you said, I didn't have things standing up. That definitely helps!

    Hope you have a successful day tomorrow organizing even more!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,
    Your basket looks great! Doesn't it feel so wonderful to have things neat? I love that feeling when I get something re-organized or tidied. It's such a great feeling of accomplishment! :o)
    You also did a wonderful job with Megan's room! I love the box she had in there....my boys see a box and are the *same* way....they draw on it or cut it to make it into things! ;)
    Have a wonderful Tuesday and thanks, so much, for your kind email you sent me!

    Kindly,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, I love a clean organized room. It just feels so much more welcoming. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your basket. So neat and organized. I must say I do not enjoy cleaning and organizing but do SO much enjoy it after it is done. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendi
    yes, I love having things clean and organized. But it something I have to stay on top of with children and guests here so much.
    Your DDs room is very cute- messy or clean.

    I started a new blog- you should be able to see the link with my profile

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good feeling when things are neat and clean! I don't like to clean nearly as much as organizing but I love it when it's done!

    Good to know I'm not the only one with baskets that are all messy and cluttery!

    We love boxes here too--I poked holes in a small one last week then strung some thick yarn through for a handle--toddlers have loved pulling it around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspired me to move my stack of books and journal from the kitchen counter to a wooden box in my family room. I'm assuming that you have this basket near your favorite place to relax in the evening...
    I emailed Monica yesterday indicating my interest in the GMG group. I hope she received it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Americas Cheapest Family. It is the best book! So many great ideas;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ordered that book earlier today from the library, I am anxious to get it and read it..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!