Sunday, September 09, 2012

A Little Crafting

One Sunday after church the weather was fantastic.  It was the first day that you could feel fall in the air.   I knew that it was time for a little outdoor craft time.  I started these happy little flowers.  

 

Megan and I made our area look pretty by adding a table cloth and then bringing out our craft things.


Megan was delighted to create with all of the scraps.


To make these I used the inexpensive sheets of felt you can get at the craft store.  I used a lid from a yogurt container for the flower middle.


I cut two circles at the same time so that the front and back of the flower would match. 

For the flower petals I cut a piece into 1/2 inch pieces.


I then glued the pieces to make a loop.


The flower "petals" were then glued to one of the circles.


The top was put on then pinned together. 


I didn't make anymore progress that afternoon, but I can tell you that the afternoon was priceless!  Taking the time to share something I love with my Megan was great.  She had a blast!  It is in moments like this that she shares her hearts desire and we make precious memories. 

In my spare time I stitched and stuffed these.  I used embroidery floss and handstitched to make thm look rustic.  I collected sticks that were inserted and hot glued for the stem. 


At the moment they are in jars in this tote.  I think it is a little crowded so I will probably pull out a few to spread around as I decorate for fall this week. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the little fresh produce crate you put them in!! Great job doing this with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up some sheets of felt in fall colors. I am tempted to make a couple of these darling flowers.
    Ah! love Sundays that flow like yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the crate as well. It's perfect for them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Wendi!

    Maybe if Nathan and I did crafts together, he'd share his heart with me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just *love* those!!! What a great craft! They look so great in that crate you put them in too!
    Such wonderful memories you are making with your Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun. I can't wait to make them. Thanks so much for sharing Wendi. I will let you know when I make them:>


    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!