Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What the Doctor Ordered....

All the windows are open and temperature is a wonderful 69*.  I can feel that fall is just around the corner.  My home is tidy, not super clean, but tidy.  For today I am fine with that.  The boys I watch have been playing nicely.  I should be on top of the world, but I am not. Sigh.  I am tired. 

Not only physically tired, but mentally tired.  I know we all have those times when everything in life seems overwhelming.  That makes me even more exhausted because I know compared to others I live a good life. 

I have decided to take the afternoon off.  Well, as much as a mom can. 


What better way to spend a quiet afternoon?!  I plan to snuggle under a cozy blanket, drink some warm, delicious tea and read. 



When you are feeling down one the best things you can do is spend time with a friend.  My prayer is that this friend will help with my mental tiredness.  After a little time in the Word I plan to snuggle under my blanket for a little rest. 

Ahhh.... just what the doctor ordered!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. We have been having some cooler mornings also. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I know what you mean about being tired. I hope that you have a wonderful afternoon reading and sipping tea.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cooler here too! And I am mentally tired after houseguests for 10 days.
    my afternoon is not busy and I was thinking I should get something done, then I read your post and maybe I should keep relaxing, as much as possible anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No better place to be than in His Word. I pray you have a relaxing evening. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wise woman, Wendi! :)

    And we had a cooler day yesterday and today. It was so nice yesterday on our bike ride.

    I hope you feel refreshed after an afternoon in the Word and relaxation.

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi - You are so right. Even just a short five minutes in the Word is enough to refocus your mind and infuse your soul and mind with peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN! It's really raining hard up here as as soon as I can, I'm climbing uner a few covers and taking a nap. I love your wedding ring set BTW. Very pretty.Hope you feel refreshed after your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a nice restful day. Sometimes being mentally tired is much worse than the physical. We all need to stop and take a day off sometimes. I hope you feel refreshed. Our weather is a little cooler here also.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your rest time left you refreshed! I know what you mean--all the activity from this summer has left me so tired too. Looking forward to school starting back and life slowing down some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the loveliest of afternoons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!