Wednesday, August 01, 2012

End of Summer....

Okay, so I know there is lots of summer left, but since school starts tomorrow it feels like the end around here.  The schools around here are going to something called a balanced calendar.  There will be a two week break for fall, two weeks for Christmas, two weeks in the spring and then a two month summer break.  I have mixed feelings about it, but am trying to keep an open mind. 

Since I have been terrible about keeping up around here I thought I would share some random pictures from our summer. 

Chef Megan.  She loves to open her diner and "make" dinner for us.


There were some country drives at the beginning of summer.

 It is always fun to spend time with friends. 


Our annual trip to the air show.


Always a silly girl! :)

Swimming in the big pool.  She is now arm float free and just yesterday she learned to do a double back flip under water. 

A trip to the Air & Space Museum outside of D.C.


Having fun with cousins while in Virginia.


It has been a very busy season.  I hope you enjoyed some of the highlights. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is starting school tomorrow. We don't start until the 27th of August.

    It looks like you all have had a fun summer. Have a wonderful evening as you get back into the school routine.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's try this again, my spell checker was clearly not working well on that last post. What I wanted to say was WOW, School starting now sure does make it feel like summer is over. I wonder what the reasoning is? Up here, we start after labor day. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    That is really early for school, isn't it? My niece and nephew used to do something similiar to that in AL. They would start around the 4th or 5th of August, but I think they went back to starting later this year.

    Loved the pic especially of Megan cooking in "her diner". Joy, Laci (my niece) & Luke do that anytime they get together....they call it Yum Yum's Diner.

    Have a great week! :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though we homeschool our public schools have been on a balanced calendar for quite some time here. It has it's pros and cons. We have been back in school full time for about 3 weeks now and we also did some work over the summer. We were trying to get a head start with the baby coming. Looks like you guys had a great summer vacation and made some wonderful memories. I agree, our summer was much too busy. It flew by.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!