Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Soap Cloud

It has been a wild and crazy summer here. I am working on slowing things down. One of the things that I am being intentional about is doing things. It is easy to have a bunch of ideas, but what fun is that if you never use the ideas?! When I saw that Tammy was hosting Pinned It, Made It Monday I knew this was the motivation I needed to actually use my ideas.

The ironic thing about my first post to Pinned It, Made It is that I pinned this idea from Tammy's daughter Joy! :)

Anyway, I found the idea here.  One bar of Ivory Soap was placed on a piece of wax paper in the microwave. 


The timer was set for three minutes, but it was stopped when the cloud stopped growing.


Megan thought it was very cool, especially watching it grow. 


It can be messy since your cloud will flake apart when played with.  I think next time we will make it right before bath time and then she can play with it in the tub.

Be sure to stop by and visit Tammy for some more great ideas!


May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. I've seen that idea and though my grandson would like it. i was thinking about letting him play with it in the wading pool

    looks like fun, thanks for telling how it worked. My DD was just talking about several of the Pinterest recipes she tried were not all they were hyped up to be so it is nice to read from a real mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I love finding ideas on Pinterest.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    That is so cool! Joy was telling me about it. I know that Luke would love it as well. Having it near bath time is a good idea as well!

    Thank you so much for participating in Pinned it, Made it! Monday. It really is motivation for me. It helped me this week get started on something I've really wanted to do too.

    I actually have my linky tool on tonight and ready. If you will go link up there at the bottom of the post, folks that stop by can come visit yours!

    Thanks again! Have a great week!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super neat idea. We need to try that. Sometimes I have great intentions but we never get around to trying them out. I still haven't gotten around to pinterest but I would love to.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I am thinking that I could do that with all of the scraps of soap that get left over.

    Happy monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd noted that idea, too, but we don't have any Ivory soap. Do you know if it still works with other varieties? I know we have some Dial in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so neat! We need to try it. :)

    God bless you!
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i saw that one too and thought my boys would think it's pretty cool to watch...great idea for bath time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I imagine the house smells pretty clean after the fun mess though! =) Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!