Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peace

Although I wasn't completely still this verse

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

keep coming to mind.  I was sitting outside and I was surrounded by beauty and felt a peacefulness that I really needed.

I was sitting at the table snapping green beans 


watching the children playing nicely.  Something that doesn't always occur. :) 

The temperatures have finally dropped from the triple digits and I think everyone was happy to be out enjoying it. 

As I snapped away my mind was relaxed and I was able to soak up the beauty around me. 



The birds were singing a beautiful tune as they enjoyed their morning snack.


There was a pleasant breeze making me sigh with pleasure and causing the laundry to flap on the line.


I have felt rushed, overwhelmed, tired and just plain busy this summer.  This was just the morning I needed to feel refreshed.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

I have missed blogging and hope to make a regular appearance here again.  Thank you to everyone who takes the time to stop by.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. I've been laced on blogging as well so I understand but I want to find peace so I've been busy looking for it. Like you, I found it in my own back yard! What a blessed women we both are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeling the same way with no end in sight. It is nice to have days to just be still in the Lord. The summer for us is going by way to fast. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt the same way...thank you for your words. :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice post. It reminded me of how I let the wrong things become my focus. Thanks for the reminder. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi, your post made me FEEL peaceful. Glad you enjoyed a peaceful day. I love to see clothes blowing on the line in the breeze.

    I had a peaceful morning Monday. It was one of those rare moments when I'm in the car all by myself. I had no radio. It was just me and the Lord and it was a really peaceful moment that was needed and very much welcomed.

    Great post.

    Have a great (peaceful) day!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect day ~ it's the little things that make life amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful post. We have just finished a very busy 2 weeks- your writing here is a great reminder to be peaceful and just rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer sure does keep us busy :-). Taking time to enjoy the little things is so important! Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying you are doing well and that today is filled with refreshment and peace! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!