Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!

This Fourth is a little different for us as we are under a fireworks ban. We are hot and dry, actually we are having a severe drought, and it just isn't safe. As disappointed as I am that we won't see fireworks I know it is for the best. This is how I spent my day.

I made a heat friendly snack.


Inspired by something on Pinterest.

Although we are having a drought the garden is doing well.  Lots of watering has been going on.  The first of the green beans are in.


Ready and waiting to fill tummies when the snow is flying.



This where I spent my afternoon.  Nothing like a cool pool and a good book on a 100* day!


We ended up having dinner with my sister at my parents.  The rest of the evening will be spent in the air conditioning reading, watching TV and getting ready for the rest of the week. 

I hope you have had a wonderful Fourth of July!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. The watermelon/blueberry kabobs look great! I may have to make those when friends come over on Sat. But the green beans look even better, yum!Glad you have had a pleasant day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the watermelon treat. Your green beans look great. Mine are just blossoming.

    I hope that you get some rain soon. Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden rewards look great! Colt would love your watermelon treats....he's our watermelon lover!

    Sorry about your fireworks and I hope you get the rain you need.

    Happy 4th to you too!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great 4th even withot the fireworks. I hope you get rain soon so you will have to water your garden and boy do those green beens look great. How about a canning green been post with photos. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you all are having drought conditions. I pray you get rain soon. I'm glad your garden is doing good. We have started getting cucumbers. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy cool treats. I hope you had a great 4th. We are so dry here everything is parched. We are still in the triple digits here with a glimmer of hope that we will get some relief maybe Monday. I can't come fast enough. I hope you guys get a break too. At least you had the pool to cool off in.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!