Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Do You See...


what I see?


Oh yes, my friends, that is rain!!!  Today we ended the longest dry spell in more than 100 years. 

Things are bad here.  We have been declared a natural disaster area, farmers are starting to cut down their corn crop and there is a statewide water shortage warning.  Needless to say we really need rain.  Officially we received .24' of rain.  Just a drop in the bucket compared to what we need, but we are thankful!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. We had huge storms over the weekend and it was so nice to get the rain. Of course, in Arizona we never get much so it's always good. I sure hope the areas in drought continue to get the needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that you will continue to get rain. Water shortage is not good.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God, Wendi! It's really bad all over the country. It's been really dry here, but we have gotten several very short periods of rain over the past few weeks. And I'll take anything we can get, as I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good! Praying that there will be much more rain in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord!! I pray He sends you more. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a drought here, too. We just got back from vacation, and it's so sad to see our garden and yard looking to pitiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in central Indiana also! Last week's rain was such a blessing! We ended up with 1.25 inches in two days!!! Praise God! We have even been saving the grey water from baths to put on the garden. Never before have I worried about our well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!