Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bake A Thon

Ready, set, here we go!


I started out making four loaves of zucchini bread.  Two for my father-in-law and two for us.


Sadly I may only have enough zucchini to make one more batch of bread. :( My zucchini plants are very stressed from the heat and lack of rain.  We did receive some more rain overnight and again this evening.  Thank you God!  If this continues just maybe they will be able to survive. 

I spent a good portion of the afternoon and evening baking.  I don't know how many dozens of cookies I made. 


Ms. Betty Crocker helped me to quickly whip up a batch of brownies. 

It has been a while since I have spent time baking.  It felt good to be back doing something I love! 

There is a family reunion this weekend. Tomorrow will be spent in the kitchen making some more good stuff for Saturday.  It has been about three years since we have seen Chuck's family from Iowa.  I am looking forward to catching up with them tomorrow evening. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. Did you try those cookies? I love baking, I could do it everyday :-) your goodies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those loaves look delicious! Great marathon session in the kitchen :) Hope you enjoyed the fruit of you labours.

    Dotti :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I'm impressed! I don't think I would want to put my oven on to do all that baking!!! Great job. Have fun at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Everything looks delicious. We gathered some zucchini this morning. I have not decided what to make with it yet. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi.... Thanks for your comment about the "blonde" grass! LOL!! We are in central Indiana, too. About 30 minutes northwest of Lafayette. Glad to meet another fellow hoosier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh...I bet it smells good at your house. You made my mouth water! I love an afternoon baking too! Everything looked wonderful!

    Enjoy visiting with your relatives!

    Have a great weekend!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so good. Wish we lived closer I would give you lots of zucchini.

    I hope that you have a wonderful family reunion.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks delicious! I so need a baking day here! Nothing says "love" like home baked goodies.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I come over to your kitchen, please??? =) The aromas must be heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!