Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Summer!

I didn't intend to be away from blogging for so long. It just happened and it felt good! What have I been doing?  Well... I have been busy enjoying summer.  Tending to plants take up a good part of my evening.  I think this might be one of the best years for my annuals.  It isn't even July 1st and they are overflowing from their containers.  Makes me a happy girl!
 

The garden is doing well.  Just ignore the weeds. :)  The green beans, cucumbers and zucchini are blooming.  There are even green tomatoes on the vine.  I am looking forward to all of the fresh goodies. 

Lots of watering is going on as we are on day 16 of no rain.  It sounds like the farmers are starting to get a little nervous. 

The lack of rain has meant plenty of days spent outside. 


Playing in the backyard and


visiting Grammi & Grandpa's for a swim.

Megan has declared Tuesday morning as famous flying pancake day. 


It is nice that something as simple as pancakes brings such joy to the kids.

Most of Father's Day was spent at my father-in-law's.  I packed up everything needed to grill out and we headed over there.


It was a great afternoon.  Slow, relaxing, good company and Megan and her cousins had a blast "swimming" in the hot tub. 


All of the summer fun sometimes wears a person out.  Naps are rare for Megan.     

When she sacks out it reminds me that she is still a little thing.  I am trying to cherish the moments as she is growing up much to fast. 


I hope that you are having plenty of days with sunshine and blue skies.  With just the right amount of rain mixed in. :)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.  Happy Summer!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Wendi!

    Happy Summer to you too! It looks like your Megan is embracing summer and enjoying every minute!

    Your flowers and garden look wonderful. We have a small garden this year too and we just ate the first cucumber yesterday! :)

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun start to summer! :) Love Megan in her polka-dotted hat. Just curious ~ is there a story behind Megan's name of "famous flying pancake day"? Sounds like fun, whatever it means! =)

    Thanks for the pretty thoughts and photos.

    Summer blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a wonderful time so far this summer. Love the flowers and plants you have. We hit 99 yesterday (felt like 106) and are suppose to do the same today then it cools down to the 70's for Saturday. WOW Welcome to summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi
    gardening and yardwork do take lots of time, and it makes you tired and dirty. But it is so worth it.

    love that polka dot hat your DD is wearing, she seems to like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers and your garden look great. Megan looks like she is having fun in the pool. They definitely do grow up fast. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your summer is in full swing too! So much fun going on there! :-) ill be praying you all get rain soon.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan looks like she is definitely enjoying her summer. I have been away from my blog also. I am finally trying to get back on track. The temps are in teh 100's here and NO RAIN. We need it so badly and I need a break from the heat. Being pregnant in the dead of summer is not fun. LOL. It sure does make the pool feel good though. :) I hope you guys have a wonderful summer break.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!