Sunday, June 10, 2012

Laundry Lessons

Like most of you I spend a good deal of my time doing laundry. Once upon a time I detested laundry. It was the chore that seemed to pile up and then it took forever to get it done.

That was before I stopped working and had the time to really embrace home keeping. I now have a laundry schedule and for the most part I am able to keep up with it. I especially like doing laundry when I am able to hang it out on the line. Not only does it makes it smell good it gives me time to think.


Just as laundry must be cleansed often, diligently, I must also take the time to cleanse my heart. For I am human and have many faults.

Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. ~ Psalm 19:12


Laundry is cleansed by soap and water.  I am cleansed by God's word.

How can a young man cleanse his ways?  By taking heed according to Your word. ~ Psalm 119:9

If we confess our sins.  He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~ 1 John 1:19


When the laundry is complete you end up with fresh smelling clean clothes.  When I cleanse my heart by the word of God I end up with peace.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

11 comments:

  1. Ok... so you just made laundry sound like something that I want to do. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Wendi! Laundry has always been my favorite chore. I don't have a clothesline now and I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great reminders from God's word. I do like doing laundry as well when I can hang them up outside. I have a pulley system that I use.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! =) So insightful and practical. A great thing to read this morning!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. What a wonderful reminder.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post...thanks so much, Wendi!! Hope you can stop over soon for another visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that would have made a perfect Faithful Friday post! :) What a great analogy! You're so wise! Loved this post, Wendi!

    I love fresh laundry hung out to dry! And you did make it sound so lovely!

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post Wendi, loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!