Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Jam Time

Over the weekend we made a trip to get strawberries.  In the past we have picked our own, but this year it seems that we are busier then ever.  I opted to buy berries from the U Pick farm stand instead.


I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough for jam since Megan was eating tons of these.


In the end I had just enough for a batch of jam.


There was just enough left in the pan for a taste.  Megan proclaimed "Yum!"

This is just the first of the canning season.  Beets are in and I plan to pickle some for my father-in-law.  I always this time of year referred to as the lazy days of summer.  I don't know about you, but I find these anything but lazy. 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

4 comments:

  1. The strawberries look so good. I think that is my favorite type of jam.

    We pickle our beets as well. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. I have never found summer to be lazy-just busy. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend a rany summer day. We have had lots of them so I feel lazy. I bet you have not had them so it just added to your busy spring day. Yor family will be blessed however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely nothing lazy about canning, I totally agree :)

    I haven't canned Jam in a while though, my kids aren't much into it, I guess I could make some to give to friends though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!