Sunday, May 20, 2012

Around My Yard

Most of the weekend was spent outside. Would you like to join me for a walk?   The first stop is Megan's garden.  She has been begging for her own space so this flower bed has become her very own.  My mom gifted her the border edging to help keep the boys out.  The swing set and back porch are close to this area so we will see if this helps. 


This is the first plant she planted. 


Chuck spotted this and when we saw the name we knew it was a must have!


Her cherry tomato is doing quite well.  Can you see the little green guy hiding? 


She has already harvested her first one.  It doesn't get much better then straight off the vine!

Chuck finished putting the fencing around the garden Sunday afternoon.  Everything is coming along nicely. 



Can you tell how dry it is?  Spring has been dry and I wonder if the summer will be also.  After this picture the hose was pulled out and the sprinkler provided a nice watering.

Have I told you how much I love my raised beds?  Seriously they are great.  Super easy to weed.  The lettuce is starting to bolt with the heat.   Soon it will be coming out and then I need to decide what to plant next.  That is a great problem to have! 


I have strawberries in the other raised bed.  This is the first year they have produced.  Megan is eating them so fast that I don't think I will ever have enough to do anything with. 


I'll have to plan a trip to the U pick place so I can make jam.

All of the flowers have been planted.  I have a couple hanging baskets off of the back porch. 


There is quite a bit of shade in the front landscaping.  Instead of buying flats this year I bought hanging baskets.  They were on special for $4.88  Some of them were planted whole. 


Others were split apart.  The price and the size of the flowers made for a better deal. 


There is still much to do in the yard, but I feel like we have made a great start.   I am glad you came along for a walk with me. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment.



6 comments:

  1. What a huge back yard you have and how loverly it all looks. So glad you get to enjoy it. The garden is huge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely garden that Meagan has. How fun to cultivate the love of planting so young. Your lettuce and broccoli look good.

    We don't have raised beds for our garden. I can see where they would be nice. We have strawberries set on, but still a few weeks away.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those strawberries look amazing! Our local u-pick place won't open until late June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard looks wonderful!! Love that Meagan is tending her own, such a great experience!

    blessings
    ,jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful flowers. I know Meagan will enjoy having her own garden.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi - Everything looks wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!