Monday, May 14, 2012

All Work and No Play...

makes me a little grumpy! With all of the busyness we needed some down time.  Saturday I invited a couple of my nieces over and they rode bikes and played and played. Then Chuck pulled out the fire pit and it was time for some relaxation and lots of giggles. 


We enjoyed a dinner of champions... hot dogs, chips, and marshmallows.  Nothing taste like a dog roasted over an open fire!


I found an idea for glow in the dark bubbles on Pinterest.   You break glow sticks and dump it into the bubbles. 


It was pretty neat!  Thanks to the dollar store it was also an inexpensive activity.


I am always looking for fun, simple things to do.  If you have any ideas, please share!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I love a hot dog cooked over an open fire, too! I'm looking forward to fun summer activities like this. The glow bubbles look like fun, need to try that.
    I'm always looking for fun and frugal ideas for kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We love doing campfires and roasting hotdogs and marshmellows. I really like the glow in the dark bubbles. We'll have to give that a try. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, fun, fun! The girls look so cozy around the fire! And the bubbles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a very fun evening.
    I love weinie roasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a party! They look like they are having so much fun. I saw a similar idea but you put the contents of the broken sticks into a jar and they can use it as a night light. I will have to try the bubbles. That is neat! The kids look so cozy. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!