Sunday, April 15, 2012

Use It Up!

One of the great things about a holiday spent at my parents home is moms meal. Not only is she a terrific cook, but she cooks in abundance. Which means leftovers! We have been eating on them all week and then I realized that I had to use it up.


Leftover ham on homemade bread made a quick Sunday dinner.


Stock made from a turkey carcass makes a nice base for turkey noodle soup. Along with leftover homemade bread this will make a yummy lunch on Monday.



Eggs, leftover diced ham and cheese will go into the freezer for an easy breakfast. I got the idea for them from here.



Ham will be used to season green beans and for this and that. Turkey will be pulled out for a quick turkey manhattan dinner.

With the rising cost of food it is hard to let things go to waste, especially if it is Mom's home cooking! Leftovers... either you love them or hate them. Around here it is definitely love!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh, yummy! I hate to let things to go to waste too. It is rather sinful I must say. Looks like you have stocked up now. Have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart use of resources. Groceries are so expensive and you are thoughtful to use them well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree! Leftovers can really be a blessing and food costs are nuts right now!
    Hope you have a great week!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What creative ways to use up your leftovers! I am going to try the egg ham and cheese recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that looks yummy! I loved my mom's cooking, and she was always so gracious in making extra to send home with us. So thankful to have her recipes and love for the kitchen! Great memories, too. Baking days, family dinners, celebrations, and so-on.

    Enjoy your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart to use it all up. You're right the cost of food keeps climbing. It sure does look good. I've made those egg/sausage muffins in the past. Love them- and low carb too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use of all those leftovers.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!