Sunday, April 29, 2012

Garden Fresh

One of the best thing about gardening is stepping out the back door and gathering ingredients for dinner.

I went out this afternoon and gathered some leaf lettuce and


bib lettuce.


I used it along with carrots, hard boiled eggs and homemade bacon bits to make a tasty salad.


I topped it with.a Hot Egg Dressing. I found the recipe here. I did decrease the sugar from the original recipe as the first time I made it I found it a little sweet for my liking.

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup white vinegar

Mix egg, sugar, water and microwave for 45 seconds. Add vinegar and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until temp reaches 160*.


Hmmmm..... gardening at its best!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Nothing like fresh garden produce! Makes my mouth water, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks so good. I need to plant our lettuce tomorrow.

    Have a wonderful evening.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is what I call a fresh salad! Looks great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Yum. Can't wait till it warms up just a tad bit more here so I can plant my lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I might be a little envious. Your salad looks SO good. I will give the dressing a try. It sounds good. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's making my mouth water. I love growing my own lettuce. I should have planted more. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delicious Wendi! We still haven't started a garden yet, but i hope to soon. Theres nothing like growing your own healthy food! Have a wonderful night!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!