Friday, April 06, 2012

Enjoying the Week

This week  Megan has been on spring break. Although she is only in kindergarten half day I have enjoyed having her home in the mornings.


Everyday the kids have asked to put their chairs in a row and watched my cooking show. I guess it is fun to watch me make lunch.

I spent most of today getting goodies ready for Sunday.  I made cheesecake and packaged in these cute jelly jars.


I could no longer find the link, but I did see this idea on Pinterest. I think they are adorable!

I hard boiled 8 dozen eggs. 


A few to devil and most were for coloring.


It is a tradition to get together with my parents and my sister and family to have dinner and color eggs on Good Friday. Always a good time!

Most of you know that I am an avid reader. My mother-in-law and I pass books back and forth and then they usually end up at Chuck's grandmothers. I figured she gave the books away when she was done. Nope! We were over there last week and she brought out a huge box of books. I had heard about paper back swap and thought this would be a good time to give it a try.

 

I signed up on Saturday and have mailed out 16 books so far. I am excited to start receiving books.

As we have been reading lots of Easter books this week my heart and mind have been thinking and reflecting on the greatest sacrifice and gift. It certainly humbles me. I hope all of you have a great Easter.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! That's so funny about the kidlets watching your cooking show!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get together with family. We colored eggs and ate lunch with Jessica (oldest daughter) on Friday. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cheesecake idea!

    Hope you had a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you as a new member on the Paperback Swap home page and decided to click over and check out your blog!

    Welcome to the Swap. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about doing that swap as well. You'll have to let me know how it goes :-) Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great Easter and a great fan base for your cooking show! They have such cute faces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We enjoy coloring eggs too. Your cheesecakes in a jar look so yummy. What a neat idea. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi - I think those cheesecakes are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!