Sunday, March 04, 2012

Thank You...

to everyone that has express concern for our safety. I have been overwhelmed with the concern expressed in comments and e-mails. We are fine. There were storms that went through my area and the worse that we saw was hail.


I wish that I could say the same for all of my fellow Hoosiers. The area south of where I live has been hit hard. Towns are destroyed and many lives have been lost. The story of the toddler girl found in a field had been our story of hope. Sadly this sweet little one joined her parents, older brother and baby sister in heaven today. Just heartbreaking.

This morning Chuck and I were talking and I was saying I wish we could help. Go and pass out water, do some clean up, anything really. Honestly the best thing we can do is pray and offer monetary support. It is going to take a lot of time and money to put the lives of these families and communities back together.

If you felt led to help those in need the best way is to make a donation to the Red Cross.

People can help those affected by disasters like the Midwest tornadoes and storms, as well as countless crises at home and around the world, by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Consider making a donation today by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Contributions may also be sent to someone's local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. In Indianapolis, the address is:

American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis
441 E. 10th St., Indianapolis, IN 46202-3388


My heart is heavy today with the loss and destruction of Friday's storms. Today I hope that you not only take time to enjoy the simple moments but to tell those near and dear to you how much you love them.

9 comments:

  1. I am glad that all is well with you and your family. I know there is a lot of heartaches right now. The best thing we can do is to pray for all the families affected. I hope that this will draw them to the Lord, if they don't know Him already. I have family in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati airport.

    Have a great evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all ok! The storms were terrible here in Ky, too. In fact, only five miles from us, the next little town, 90 homes were leveled, 250 are uninhabitable, and three lives were lost. It was a very scary Fri afternoon!
    We are trying to help locally, with donations and doing what we can.
    So thankful to be safe, so heartbroken for my neighbors!
    Cheryl, inthe comment above, we are in N KY, just a few miles from the airport, lots of damage in select areas here, as in the town of Piner mentioned above. Hope your family can safely thru the storm!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. *came* safely thru the storm--:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great source of help is the Salvation Army. One hundred percent of donations go to help those in need. Their operating costs are very low, so more of the money goes to the people who need it most.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very glad that you and your family are doing OK. We can not control the weather and when it takes lies, it breaks our heart. We have been watching them on the news and hearing about the lose of entire towns is just terrible. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful you and your family are safe. We have been praying for all those affected. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are okay here too. Thanks for posting this info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you made it through the storm safely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear this update, Wendi!! :) Thanks for the info on ways to help others too. I am certainly praying for those families affected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!