Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring is in the Air...

and I am loving it! The sun has been shinning and the temperatures have been rising all week. Spring cleaning began with the windows getting a good wash inside and out.


I wish I could say that there has been more cleaning happening. It is really hard to deep clean with the boys here and with the warm air and sunshine begging us to be outside.

I did manage to make a trip to the library this week.


I was after gardening books, but it looks like so was everyone else. The selection was slim.

One of the great things about having kids is that you sometimes get to act like one.


It is fun to sometimes forget the list and just play.

We spent an evening picking up sticks and doing a little raking. Next thing I know Chuck says he is going to push over a dead tree. After a lot of pushing...


it is going....


and gone!


This tree had needed to come down for a couple of years. It stated to fall and then got caught up in another tree. It is behind the fence in the wooded area keep getting pushed down the the to do list.

The warmer temps prompted me pull out Megan's warm weather clothes.



Other then her dresses most everything from last year still fits. She is still wearing size 4 shorts and capri's. She seems to grow up and not out. To bad her mother doesn't have that problem!

Eli was a great help getting all the summer clothes pressed and put away.


This has been a great week.


The warm air, sunshine and outside playtime is just what we all needed.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!



8 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures. I love the sunshine and the green grass. Everything here is still brown and we have rain all week.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi - I seriously love how you iron on your patio. I remember you posting about this before. I think I'll try it this summer, especially now since we have a roof over our back deck. Would make the task a little more pleasant, huh? Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I have been doing. Changing out the wardrobe is a big job. We have been enjoying the warm weather but looks like we are going to get the storms that go along with them now. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos of your week so far. Looks like you are all having fun. We are getting much needed rain but the sun is suppose to come out this weekend!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me smile over and over again!! Love you playing with Megan! I love how you were ironing outside ~ inspiring! (Remind me where you got the adorable ironing pad??)

    Blessings on your weekend ~ spring has sprung in our neck of the woods too.

    :)Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures. The children all look so happy. Of course, I can understand that. I am always my happiest when outside. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Working on spring cleaning here too. I LOVE your yard! What a blessing.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Blessings
    ,jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house and children are simply beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!