Monday, March 12, 2012

On The Road

Saturday morning we hit the road with my parents. We traveled along the river.

Enjoyed a beautiful country view.



Saw signs of spring.


Traveled by some Amish farms.


Did you notice that they have been working the fields?

We went to a small town gas station where you still hear the dink when you drive up to the pump. The attendant then comes out and pumps your gas. Where I live you don't find that kind of service anymore.

We picked up some ground beef from a small store. You know the kind where it ground in the store from fresh beef. Nothing that was ground in a factory far away and shipped in. The butcher even chatted with us.


We took advantage of the great weather to grill some of the beef on Sunday. Delish!

It was a very enjoyable day. Every now and then you just need a day to get away.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. What great pictures. It is the time to work in the fields again. We are anxious to plant. We generally plant root vegetables around now, but we are waiting this year.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day you had. I love driving along in the country, even though we in live in the country, I never get tired of it. I love the pictures and that you are already grilling. Maybe if the rain stops and the sun comes out, we'll grill tonight. I'm hoping to grill a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite ways to spend the day! Loved all of the pictures and I am now hungry for grilled hamburgers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grilled burgers and hot dogs , a sure sign of great weather to come. Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love driving off the beaten paths and discovering new places and visiting old ones. We have an Amish community about 15 min. from our house and we love to visit. Sounds like a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Your area looks very similar to ours. I'm glad you had some down time to enjoy the outside. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!