Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday, Monday

Sunday we attended the dedication for the boys I watch.


We love these little men dearly. It makes my heart swell knowing they are being raised in a godly home. It was a nice ceremony. Followed by a yummy meal and lots of time for the kids to run and play outside.

After a busy Sunday it was nice to settle back in today. I actually like Monday because it means I get back in the swing of things.

The summer like temperatures are gone and more springlike weather is back. Since it was cooler I put a pot of chili on to simmer.


Megan and her little helpers made some cornbread to go with it.

I also took time to do some tweaking.


The land my father-in-law lives on has woods on the property and at one time someone used part of the woods to dump things. That is good for me since he sometimes finds some neat stuff. He found a couple of old milk bottles. I added one to my window sill along with a candle holder I found at Hobby Lobby.

I also added a new wreath to the front door.


It is fun to change a couple of things now and then.

After a day spent at home I am feeling refreshed and ready to face the week.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the milk bottle in the window, as well as the candle holder!
    Funny how tweaking things a bit can make everything seem fresh and new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. It's inspired me to hunt something 'autumn' down for my front door. Our weather is turning too... cooler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I have been a bad blog friend as of late....but I am back to visiting. Loved your post and your pictures....hope you are doing well. Come on over and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice things you found! We have a Hobby Lobby here but I find the stuff to be expensive! Yet people from other states talk about what great buys they find there! Is there a trick to shopping at Hobby Lobby? I would to bring home nice finds but I've yet to find real "bargins" there. Sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat finds. The wreath is so pretty. It is nice to be on a schedule. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your window decorations. I love old things. The wreath is very pretty. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreath is so pretty, perfect for Spring!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!