Monday, March 05, 2012

Love Comfortheth...

like sunshine after rain. ~ William Shakespear


I love stepping outside after a rain. There is nothing like the clean, fresh scent. I know that many have tried to bottle the scent, but there is nothing like the real thing. Add in a little sunshine to make everything look glistening clean and it is certainly a simple pleasure to be enjoyed!

Spring is my favorite time of year. I enjoy seeing all of the new life.


It always reminds me of my heavenly father and His promise of eternal life.

Megan loves hard boiled eggs. My mom recently bought Megan this egg holder.

Isn't it adorable?! Speaking of eggs... Megan really wants chicks. Over the weekend we went to the farm store and saw some. She keeps asking Daddy if she can please have chicks. He teases her and says chips, sure what kind of chips do you want. She doesn't think it is very funny.

The completion of the fence is the big project for this summer. There would be no time to build a coop. I told her we would talk more about it next year. I will have read up on it and chat with some chicken owners. Just to see how much work and cost is involved. I admit the chicks are cute little things.

Megan made a trip to the dentist today. She has two loose teeth on the bottom and the permanent teeth are already coming in. She had a cleaning and we wanted to make sure the baby teeth were not going to mess up the permanent teeth.
Thankfully not. The dentist said in a week or two the baby teeth should be out then the permanent teeth will naturally pull forward and straighten out. Whew! I wasn't looking forward to having those teeth helped out.

We spent a quiet afternoon and evening at home. There was a lego and train party in the living room.


It resulted in a huge mess, but lots of fun!

Tomorrow I start my early schedule with the boys I watch. It is now time for me to settle down with the good book and then to hit the bed early. Hope your Monday was great!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. My oldest loves hard boiled eggs too, I love the holder so adorable!
    Good luck with your early morning tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did she get that ADORABLE egg holder? I love reading your posts! and knowing that you all made it through the storms safely!
    have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got your coffee this morning before the two little ones showed up! I love seeing anything break through the ground and start to reach towards the sky. We are due to get temps in the 50's and then the 60's this week before we are back down to the 40's. I'll take it!! I must admit though that Summer is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hard boiled eggs when I was young! Still do, just don't prepare them much except when making egg salad or deviled eggs.

    So glad you and your family are safe after the intense and devastating weather!

    Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news at the dentist! The egg holder is so cute. My kids love boiled eggs too. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depending upon the amount of chicks you plan to purchase, there are lots of easy designs for chicken tractors. These can hold 2-3 grown hens without a problem. They would be fairly inexpensive to build, especially with scrap lumber. Here is the link to one I think looks easy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tractor Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!