Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heat & Treat

We have been breaking records for heat right and left around here.


I was shocked when I saw how warm it had gotten yesterday afternoon. I had to break down and turn the air on for a bit. I was trying to avoid it, but it is what it is. The good news is that rain is coming in tomorrow evening and we should cool down to more normal spring temperatures. As much as I have been loving this weather I am not loving the thought of the electric bill if we have to keep running the air.

To beat the heat we have been consuming lots of lemonade,


playing in the shade,


taken a trip to the ice cream store,


and made a cool treat. I found the idea for this on Pinterest. Of course!

I took some strawberry banana yogurt and used a pastry bag


to pipe onto a cookie sheet.


Into the freeze they went. Once done I popped them into a leftover deli container.


Don't they look like delicious pieces of candy?


A healthy, cool treat for a hot afternoon.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. Love the yogurt pretties!!! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to freeze our yogurt. :) We have had to turn on our air too. I'm not looking forward to the bill either. Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great treat! And so easy tomake - someone sure is cleaver and you are smart to find it and repeat it. I love the heat but we too are suppose to cool off this weekend. Oh Well, still better than winter right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frozen yogurt idea. They look so cute. I'll have to give that idea a try. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also saw that idea on Pinterest. But piping them from a pastry bag with a cute design makes them even better!
    Your fence looks great--a big pat on the back to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that yogurt idea!

    I have a blog award for you! When you get a chance stop by :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!