Thursday, February 09, 2012

When the Sun is Shining...

and the birds are singing it is hard not to have a smile on your face and joy in your heart!

The sunshine has passed and the winter gray has returned, but oh how it lifted my spirits the day of its visit. This week has flown by! I am happy, happy, happy that it is almost Friday. Did I mention that I was happy?!:)

I spent a good portion of an afternoon making cookies for a school bake sale.





Chuck took a vacation day to take advantage of the sunshine.


He was given a some steel junk and old gutters. He is getting it all together to take to steel recycle. We are excited to have a little more to add to our fence fund!


Megan doing some school work.

I finally made a successful homemade biscuit!


Not exactly the taste I am looking for but I am encouraged since it was edible.


Super Megan came for a visit.

Old crayons peeled and waiting to be sorted and melted.



It has been a full week and I am looking forward to some calm and quiet this weekend. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

6 comments:

  1. We save up metal as well and make scrap runs. It is nice to have the extra income.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried every biscuit recipe under the sun and I still can't make them like my mom's! I even made HER recipe with her standing right beside me - still not right!

    Nice to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had 2 days of temps in the mid 40's and tomorrow it is suppose to snow! Not a lot 1-2 inches but cold enough for snow. Then Sunday, we might reach 10 degrees! Artic cold air coming our way....oh well, we don't shovel cold! Have a great weekend. I can't do biscuits either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be able to make a good homemade biscuit, so when you find a wonderful recipe, I want to know! :) Your's is pretty!

    Hope your fence fund grows quickly! Great idea on the recycling!

    We basically haven't had much of a winter at all. It's strange. I'm still holding out for a snow before spring arrives. :)

    Have a great weekend, Wendi!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time getting biscuits right. There's just always something not quite right about them. Keep trying though. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy biscuit! Your cookies look delicious too. We are gearing up for our Valentine's celebration tomorrow. The cold has returned here too. I hope you have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!