Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Random

I feel like my little home on the web is being a little neglected. I still have that nagging cough, but thankfully most of my energy is back. Until evening that is, so I have been hitting the hay early.

I receive an early Mother's Day present.


This isn't where it will be staying, but I was anxious to see it together. I am planning to start seeds this weekend and move them to the greenhouse as soon as the weather permits. This is something I have been dreaming of for a long time.

These cute pajama clad little guys keep me on my toes.


Their schedule has been a little wacky since the first of the year. Mom started a new job that requires her to work five days and dad lost his job. Another one of those losses due to the economy. I have been watching them on a day by day basis. Thankfully dad found a new job and starts next week. Not only will I have them five days instead of four, but they will be here an hour early each day. Yikes! Hope I can keep up. The boys certainly have a lot of energy.

I am using a new cleaner.


I make a gallon at a time and then fill up my bottle as needed. I love the way it makes my home smell!

Speaking of cleaning...

are you feeling the urge to spring clean? I am, but I am not quite ready. I am still catching up on general cleaning from last week. I am thinking of making a cleaning list this weekend.

Today the weather was wonderful. Rain moved out this morning and the sun came out.


It was 72* and I had the windows open. Open windows are one of my favorite things. No wonder I am feeling the urge to spring clean. :)

Good use was made of the warmth and sunshine. The kids rode bikes, picked up sticks to build a fire, played on the swing set and planted sunflowers.


Wednesday was a great day, but now it time to take my tired self to bed.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Wendi! I LOVE your early gift! I'd like a greenhouse too, but it's way too windy up here on our hill to have a smaller greenhouse. I use Mrs. Meyer's too, but I have the basil scent. I found mine on amazon.com, a bulk package of 6 for $30-something. I bought it almost two years ago and have only used 1 whole bottle and 1/2 of the other bottle. It's great stuff! And it really cuts grease! Well, enjoy starting your seeds and the nice mild weather you're having! Can't wait to be able to open up our windows here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness I love your gift!! Enjoy starting your seeds. So glad you are getting some nice weather. We are getting snow - 16 inches of it! I'm not discouraged however because we have 50 degrees and rain coming for the weekend. I'll have to look for that Mrs. Meyer's cleaner. Sounds like something I may want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try Mrs. Meyer's. I have another friend who loves it. LOVE this spring weather and LOVE the windows open. I don't have the urge to clean right now. I'm feeling icky myself - no energy. Planning to stay home today and rest, with the windows open... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice gift. It will be fun to use. We haven't even thought about the garden yet. Hopefully my husband will be plowing it this weekend. We would love some of those warmer temperatures.

    Have a wonderful day and I hope that you will get better soon.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon. I have heard about those cleaners. Where did you purchase them from? Yes, I am in the mood to spring clean but currently we are moved out due to our renovation project. I have more than spring cleaning waiting when I return home.I love your greenhouse. I can't wait to see all the plants you put in there. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling some better and hope you continue to get well. Your greenhouse is so nice. We purchased a much smaller one last week. The girls and I are excited to give it a try although I have never had much success starting plants from seeds. Maybe this will be the year we do. Enjoy your day and God bles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendi ~ I'm just checking on you to make sure you and your family are safe! I don't know if you are anywhere close to where that round of storms went through, but I'm praying you are well!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!