Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Little Organizing

"If you look at your entire house as one unit of junk,
you'll never do anything because the job is too overwhelming.
Take it one drawer at a time." Janet Luhrs


That my friends is the state I find myself in often, overwhelmed. One of my goals for the year is to go through every nook and granny. This weekend I started with one shelf in the pantry.


Not horrible, but not pretty either. There were things that were annoying. Like thinking I had a whole box of elbow macaroni and then finding out there wasn't enough to finish dinner. My solution was to purchase glass jars.


I think it looks pretty and there are even empty jars in the back. The solution if I needed cooking directions was to print them off and then cut it fit the lid of jar.


Since the storage solution for toys in the living room is working so well two units were purchased for Megan's room.


Much, much better. Megan did a great job purging. We ended up with two trash bags of items to give away. I was able to move the craft items out of the closet. They drove me crazy in there because the doors were always open.

I am making labels so we know were everything goes. I am hopeful that this will take care of some of the issues we were having with a messy room.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

13 comments:

  1. I love your storage units in your little girl's room. Can you share were you got them as they would work perfect in my daughters room. Thanks in advance. By the way I am doing the same purging and organizing as I am tired of the messes also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,

    I purchased the shelves on sale at Menards last week. I know that they have them at Lowes also.

    Best wishes with your purging and organizing!

    ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little tags on the jars. Everything looks great. I need to do some organizing as well.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done! I love the glass jars. Printing the cooking directions for the lids---brilliant!
    I, too, continue to organize and purge, and I, too, feel overwhelmed, but I am making some progress.
    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful organization. I love the glass jars. I have something similar in my pantry, only without the pretty labels. Just gorgeous ;)

    Blessings from Dotti
    Aussie follower of The Homespun Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice your jars look with the tags! So nice and neat. Well done. The toy storage is great as well. Wow you are on a roll here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you come to my house?LOL. I wish I were better at organizing "thing". I think I do A ok with organizing our time, meals, schedule, etc but the junk overwhelms me. I need you as a neighbor. :) Where did you get your jars? I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiffany,

    I purchased the jars at WalMart. I have also seen them at Meijer. Don't boost me up too much because I really struggle keeping on top of everything. I am working on getting it together!

    ~Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas, Wendi. The pasta cook directions on the lid are brilliant. That's what always keeps me from pitching the boxes.

    Megan's room looks so nice. Love those storage units.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful job Wendi! I am working on several projects as well. I love being organized I just feel things go so much smoother. :-) Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely. Oh, how I love organized spaces...needing some real inspiration as many spaces are lacking that around here lately! Megan's room looks so cozy and fun for a sweet girl! Fantastic job! I just love it!

    Happy Valentine's to you and your family,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendi - Your organizing looks great! So nice to look at! Love the glass jars in the pantry (ingenious to put the directions in the top of the lids) and the galvanized pails in Megan's room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!!! Everything looks so wonderfully organized! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!