Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Little Love

I saw this sign and knew I wanted to make it.


I wanted this project to be as frugal as possible. Instead of a canvas I had Chuck cut a scrap piece of wood to my desired size. All of the paint was from a previous project. I looked at three craft stores and could only find small rosettes and they were not economical. I opted to use buttons. I used scrapbook stickers for the lettering instead of rub on letters and the ribbon was found in the bargain bin.

I struggle with what to put on the front door between Christmas and spring. I am pleased with how this turned out.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute! I like the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours with the buttons. And the color goes great with your door. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. I am looking for something to put on the front door and on my wreath hangers in my sitting room. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! I want Hubby to cut us our three pieces of wood. I think the girls would love this project. Thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable. Love how you did it frugally and using what you had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!!Have a great week!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the buttons better than the roses! Very creative and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendi,
    I know you like to can, and I stumbled upon this blog you might enjoy taking a look at:
    http://canninggranny.blogspot.com
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Mary Ann ~ I love how you used what you had on hand, and just look how darling it turned out!! That would certainly make me feel welcome if I walked up to a front door with that on it. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very cute! :)


    I left you a thank-you message on your facebook about the DVD and packages you sent! But I will say it here as well:

    Thank you so much! Such a treat you sent! The children were so excited about all the candy and the magazines are such a treat for me! I really appreciate the time, thought and money you put into putting it all together for us! Thank you!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!