Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kitchen Table Science: Rain Clouds

This week we have had snow then rain and one thing led to another and we were talking about evaporation and such. I love a visual so we did a little science. First we put water into clear cups. This was our puddle. As the puddle evaporated it formed a cloud. Made out of shaving cream.


Blue food coloring was added to the shaving cream to represent the water that had evaporated into the cloud.


Then the cloud burst and down came the rain!



Simple, fun and educational! When Conner's mom came he was excited to show her what we had done. I loved listening to him explain it to her! Makes all the effort worth it. Megan is already asking what experiment we are doing tomorrow. Looks like will need to plan these more often.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. I love that, Wendi! And I know the feeling, when the kids excitedly narrate what they did or read that day! It makes it all worthwhile! Great job!

    Have a great evening and upcoming weekend!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our science experiments, too! I just saw one about making rain, using a 2-liter bottle, that we plan to try. Such fun and a great way to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to see how eager kids are to learn. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cool! We need to do that. I know the kids enjoyed it. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the neatest ideas. I'm sure everyone had a great time doing it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! :) so glad they had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Great Job Wendi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!