Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weekend Project

We have had new flooring for the bathroom in the garage for ~hmmm~ almost a year. I don't know why it never made it to the top of the to do list. Anyway, I told Chuck that installing the floor is what I wanted for my birthday.





I am very happy with how it turned out. You know how one thing leads to another and another. With the new flooring I felt the urge to make everything look new. I did some cleaning and organizing. Boy did the closet need to be cleaned out!


A couple of shelves were added to the bottom of the closet.


Ah, much better.


The medicine cabinet was wiped out and a few things were thrown out. I love that there is empty space!


There is a drawer under the vanity. This is fantastic storage space. I added some baskets and plan to get a few more. It is amazing how much neater this space stays without the contents moving around when the drawer is opened and closed.


Having everything neat and tidy made it easy for me to make a list of things I need to stock up on. Not only that, but it makes me happy and has inspired me to continue to organize and purge.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. I love the new flooring...and the organizing looks great too. I bet you FEEL great getting things all organized and looking good.

    Glad you received your cookbook and that you like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so nice.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor looks great, I love the look of it. I've been re-organizing a little too. Seems like every January I go through this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how timely this post is! I have cleaning my linen closet on my list for this week. My "before" picture looks much worse than yours! I like the idea of adding shelves at the bottom. Love the new flooring! Both of my bathrooms need new flooring, it is on a to-do list for when I can afford the flooring and the installation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so wonderful and love the empty spaces as well. Well done. The floor is wonderful as well and it's great that you have a hubby that can do all these house projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your floor looks great! I would have to agree. Cleaning and organizing makes you feel great! If you get a chance stop by my blog and enter the giveaway.:)Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great. Shelves and baskets really help keep things organized and in their place. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new floor, Wendi! And everything looks so tidy and fresh and organized! Way to go! It feels good to cross something off your to do list, doesn't it?

    Have a great day! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!