Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kitchen Table Science

While watching Martha Stewart the other day she had a guest on doing snow day activities. When this segment was over Megan and I both looked at each other and off we went to try it out. First we gathered our supplies.


A raw egg was placed in a jar and then about a cup of vinegar was added.


A lid and ring was added to the jar and then we let it sit until the next day.


Can you see the vinegar reacting with the shell?


When we took it out there was still a thin layer of shell. It needed to sit longer but since I had two little anxious ones I ran the eggs under water and gently rubbed the rest of the shell off.

The membrane was left and it had a rubber texture. Neat!


Megan punctured the membrane.




A fun and easy experiment!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




5 comments:

  1. Fun *eggsperimenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried this and for some reason it didn't work for us, can't figure out why! We need to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fun project. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat! I love Martha Stewart! Haven't had a chance to watch her show in a long time though. Hope you are having a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!