Sunday, January 22, 2012

Joy of Home

As far as winters go this one has been pretty mild. We have had some light snow and it has turned cold. Brrr! When the thermometer drops and the snow falls I am more then happy to stay indoors.


Megan asked me to take her picture. It really doesn't seem possible that she is this big. Time really does fly!


There are plenty of things to keep me busy. It seems I am always in the kitchen.


I love popping open a jar of home canned goodness!

Is it just me or does laundry seem to never stop? lol


Not a complaint, just an observation. The mountain of laundry means we are abundantly blessed with clothes to wear.

The little ones I watch warm my heart.


Especially when I catch them showing love and kindness to each other.

I use my dishwasher for most of my dish washing. There are times when there aren't many dishes or the dishwasher is full.


I grew up hand washing dishes and there is something calm and soothing about it.


Candles are often lit. Adding a warm glow and a wonderful scent.

To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart. ~Pearl S. Buck

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




8 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures Wendi!
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a mild winter as well, as least snow wise. I think the same thing at times about laundry and dirty dishes. Thankful that we have food and clothing.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet pictures. The children are beautiful. I love just "being".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our winter too has been mild but lately it has turned very cold. I hate driving in it because of all the black ice! Love the everyday hum of easy going days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been really cold here in VA. Thank goodness no white stuff. I am ready for Spring. Love all the pictures your daughter is beautiful.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter just told me that she enjoys the snow, just not being out in it. She would rather sit in front of the fireplace and play board games. I think I may have influenced her preference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everything you said, well, except maybe washing dishes. Dishes have never been my favorite chore. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laundry never stops here either. LOL. Megan is getting so big. Such a beautiful little girl. I didn't have a dish washer for 8 and 1/2 years when we were newly married. I have one now but still find myself hand washing. The little boys are precious. Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!