Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Enjoy the Little Things

My kitchen towel drawer was starting to look a little overworked. For my birthday my mother-in-law gave me a new set of dishtowels. That was just the push I needed to start fresh. I bought another set of towels and some dish clothes. The tattered towels went to the rag bag and those that were stained but otherwise fine were put with the canning items.


Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things. ~Frank Howard Clark


I also purchased a new cover for the ironing board. The one I had wasn't thick enough, but I was making do. I found this cover for $5.99 and couldn't pass it up for that price. I like how cheerful it looks.

You could see these as a couple of insignificant items for mundane task. I choose to see them as the little things that bring happiness. We all have dishes to wash and laundry to do so we might as well do these task with pretty items and joy in our hearts!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. I love getting new towels, there is something about them being thick and fresh and new that warms my heart. Love what you did with your old ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike in alot of ways! Nothing makes me happier than a new cover for my ironing board! I was looking at mine recently and thinking it was almost replacement time. My ironing board gets a lot of use. I love new towels, too, and like you I replace them all at one time. I did this about two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so right about little things - thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice! Thanks for the idea to put stained ones away for canning-- that's how most of my stained ones got that way in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your towel drawer looks so nice. I love the ironing board cover. I need to replace mine as well. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! The simple things are what make my heart sing.:)My hubby said it doesn't take much to please me. LOL! Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats what I did also, small changes a little at a time, my bathrooms, still room/dining room all done, I still have more to go and I will keep doing a little at a time.It is the little changes that make the most show. Thank you for your visit today, and I enjoyed your blog also

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!