Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Joy at Home

Few things we can do in this world are so well worth doing as the making of a beautiful and happy home. He who does this builds a sanctuary for God and opens a fountain of blessing for men. ~ J.R. Miller


After a busy weekend it has been a pleasure to spend some time at home. Like the title of this blog says my heart is always home.

Winter is starting to make itself know. It has cooled down, the skies are gray and there have been some snow flurries. A perfect time to try a new recipe.


Honey wheat bread. Not a keeper, but that is okay. Sometimes you win and some times you don't.

Laundry washed, ironed, folded and put away.


At least for a moment!

With the grey skies and early sunset there have been more and more candles burning.


I love the warm glow.


It gives me pure joy to sit back in the evening and know that my kitchen is tidy and ready for a new day.

The new toy shelf is working out well.


They love being able to grab a container and take off to play with it. Megan and Abe took the potato heads to the kitchen table.


I love it when they play with things that spark their imagination. Not every moment at home is fun, but if you stop and savor a few simple moments you can find so much joy.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. I love the glow of Christmas lights. They make your kitchen look so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights in the kitchen! I may have to borrow that idea! I also love the apple candle holder on the table, and I am glad to see I am not the only one who irons in the kitchen. Sometimes I feel like my ironing board is a permanent fixture in there, like a cabinet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen looks SO cozy, Wendi! Love the neat glowing kitchen! I do the same thing...sit back and admire the coziness of it all and when it's all nice and clean, it just feels good!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glow as well, how nice to walk into a clean warm kitchen. So inviting. I love to sit and just look at how comfy our home can feel. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lights in the kitchen. I should get more candles out for our home. It does make it nice.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how organized your home is! WOW now that my kids are grown I can see how a toy shelf like your's would have worked miracles.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lights that are up in your kitchen. It looks so festive. I really like the idea of the toy shelf. Sometimes I feel like we are being overran with toys. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.homeschoolhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree there's no place like home!! Love your kitchen lights! Looks beautiful! have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!