Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Felt Poinsettias

I am working on some crafty things. Things I can make that are inexpensive to decorate my home for Christmas. I saw these over at Kindra's and knew exactly what I would do with them.

I had to purchase the felt and the bells. The cost was under $6.00 and would have been less if I hadn't forgotten my 40% off coupon! Still much less then if I had bought pre-made poinsettias.


I couldn't find my floral wire so I used pipe cleaners instead. They weren't quite as strong as the floral wire would have been. To counter that I placed cotton balls in the jars for stability.


I thought the cotton balls gave it the effect of snow.


My next project will take a little longer as it involves a little sewing. I don't normally decorate until the day after Thanksgiving but I am anxious to get going this year.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


7 comments:

  1. Love those, Wendi!

    Sewing...now that's something I wish I could do! :) (With a sewing machine that is).

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I know what you mean about forgetting the coupon! Been there, done that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out beautiful. Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous!
    Makes me want to break out the Christmas music.
    You are so clever.

    I love the wooden crate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I do love to decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I so enjoy your craft ideas. We usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving also.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Very crafty idea. They look so pretty in the wooden box. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!