Sunday, November 06, 2011

Controlled Chaos

That is exactly what I have been dealing with the past few days. I am knee deep in a big cleaning project.


The living room is done and the kitchen is almost there. I am hopeful to have my entire home deep cleaned by the end of next weekend. We'll see. It is a major project and with babysitting and normal life it might not happen.

Megan is a beginning reader. She is constantly sounding out words and asking me to spell things for her. This is what I found her reading this evening.


Oh yes, that is the phone book. She was reading the numbers to us. Silly girl!

If a few days pass and you haven't heard from me you'll know I am busy washing baseboards and vacuuming behind furniture.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. What a joy to see her reading. I remember each of my kids learning to read. Their world is opened up so much when they can read.

    Have a wonderful evening. I am hoping to start cleaning now that my canning is just about done.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Rainman. Ever see that movie? :-)

    I love those early reading stages. It is so much fun to see the light bulb come on and watch their excitement for learning bloom!

    Good luck on that deep cleaning. I did that in August, and I am really trying to stay on top of it all. It feels so good to have things decluttered and organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very industrious of you-deep cleaning. I hope you get it all done. Housecleaning is hard work. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the phone book? That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a huge project! Did you take extra vitamins? Can't wait to see how it all looks when done and too bad it doesn't stay clean for long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least your chaos is controlled! I have been dealing with a lot of Uncontrolled chaos here! Computer died (and some other stuff!).
    As always, very sweet picture of Megan! it's so fun to watch them learn, isn't it? I am always spelling words for my son, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get your cleaning finished up. I love to watch the kids when they are learning to read. It brings my heart such joy. Have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.homeschoolhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopped by via another blog I visit. Isn't it wonderful how little minds really want to learn? When my youngest was learning to read, I would find her reading store slips in the backseat while we were driving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!