Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Almost Turkey Time!

I feel like I haven't been around much. I have been dealing with a little one just not feeling her best.






Only a cold, but enough to make her miserable, grouchy and needy. Thankfully she has felt much better today.

Lots has happened in my home today. It started off with pancakes for breakfast.


These are suppose to be turkeys. Chuck couldn't see it in the picture, but the kids loved it.

On a commercial Megan saw where cookies were cut into the shape of your hand print and made into turkeys.



I almost didn't do this because of time. I bought pre-made cookie dough and frosting on a last minute run to the store today. I am so glad that I did. Out of all the activities we have done this month this might be Megan's favorite.

The kitchen has been a busy place today.


A couple dozen eggs were deviled, the kitchen sink was clogged (thanks to my mom taking care of that problem!), brownies are cooling and tomorrow I will make the green beans with potatoes. Then it is off to Grandmas. (Chuck's mom & stepdads)


O Lord that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness! ~ William Shakespeare




Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the turkey pancake and turkey cookies.

    I hope that she is feeling better. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope she is feeling much better!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to your sweet family, Wendi~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your little one is feeling better. I saw the turkey cookie commercial too. I thought it looked like great fun. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great day... I just came across your blog through my friend Donna..
    It is lovely...
    Blessings from Canada..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Wendi! Hope sweet Megan is feeling better. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your little one is feeling better. I know exactly how she felt. Looks like they had fun. My kiddos love doing the crafts too.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!