Sunday, October 16, 2011

Work In Progress

This weekend was spent working on projects. While I was at the table working on some Christmas things Megan spent time working with her beads.




She happily created bracelets and necklaces for herself and cousins.

Chuck spent most of the day outside working on something for my sewing nook.



He built a shelving hutch to go on my sewing table.


It turned out great! I had envisioned open shelves that would just back up against the wall. When I saw he had added beadboard to the back I was so excited. Beadboard is one of the things I love! Chuck is great about taking an idea I have and turning it into something great!


There is a ways to go before it will be finished. It needs a good sand and a couple coats of paint. I have a hard time working in a space that is cluttered so I am excited to get things organized and get creating.


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




11 comments:

  1. That sewing hutch looks like it will be awesome! When I've had a sewing area, it always got so cluttered then I had a hard time working there. My sewing area currently houses a pack and play instead of a sewing table. :-) But I do have a semi-organized shelf of fabric and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat, Wendi. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the shelving unit looks great! He's very talented!
    Your little girl is sweet:)U must really enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the shelving unit. I am sure that will come in handy.

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shelves are beautiful! He is doing a great job. What color are you going to paint them? Shelves make everything so much better. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are having a productive weekend. You're so blessed to have a talented hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gold stars for the hubby!! What a lucky girl you are.

    You will love having such an organized space to work. I always feel so much more creative when I take the time to clear and tidy my sewing space.

    Be sure to show the finished look!

    Beadboard.........SWOON. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a blessing to have a talented husband. Can't wait to see it finished and set up with you sewing on it. A crafty day for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sewing hutch looks wonderful! Isn't it great having handy husbands? ;-) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hubby did a wonderful job! Isn't it fun to dream up these ideas and our husbands can make them come to life? :)

    Megan looks very intent on her beading project! That is a good past time for a little girl!

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. He did a great job on the hutch! I can't wait to see the finished product. I love beadboard too. Your picture of Megan reminds me of Morgan. When she was little, she had quite the bead collection. Enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!