Tuesday, October 04, 2011

A Thankful Heart

There are some things happening around me that have made me think deeply, pray hard and have a very thankful heart. The things around me break my heart, talks of divorce (just to clarify, not Chuck and I!) and a man who drinks too much and is abusing his wife in front of his children. Sigh!

At first all of this really consumed me. I was very worried and allowed all of my thoughts to be about these two situations. Then I realized that allowing these things to lay too heavily on me is not a good thing. I can't fix a marriage that is not mine, I can only lend a listening ear and offer words of encouragement to make it right. I can not make her remove herself and her children from an abusive situation and I can not make him walk the right path. All I can really do is pray. I have been praying and will continue to pray for these two families.




All of this has given me a thankful heart.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

I am thankful for a man that values marriage, family and God. Thankful for a man that loves and cherishes me. Thankful for a man that tries to protect his daughter from the evils of the world. Although the life I live is far from perfect I choose to live my life with a thankful heart.

Saturday afternoon we headed out to see a movie.


I highly recommend this movie! It has action, tears, laughter and best of all a great message. I don't want to give the movie away, but it really makes you see that even in your darkest hour God has a plan. One of my top five favorite movies!

The weather is suppose to be warm and sunny this week. I am looking forward to spending time outside. I need to start cleaning out the garden and flower beds. Always more fun to do in the warm sunshine.


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!






8 comments:

  1. You have given me much to think about. I tend to be so consumed with other people's problems that it weighs heavy on me. All I can do is to pray and be there for them.

    Our son saw the movie this weekend. I think we will be waiting until it comes out on DVD. Too much going on this week and getting over these colds. We have enjoyed all the other movies they have produced.

    Enjoy your sunshine and nice weather. We have rain for the week (which we need). Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth - we are now on day 5 of rain! Having a thankful Heart adds to the Haven you long your home to be. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to see that movie. I'm glad you got to go. It looks like it will be very good. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is easy to take on another person's problems as your own, which says to me you are a very caring person. Unfortunately, there are some things we are powerless to change, but we can continue to offer our concern and our prayers for the situation.
    We, too, are supposed to have a week of beautiful weather. I hope to take advantage of it and get a little done outside. This week will be busy, I am baking for Jonathan's Fall Festival at his school, which is this coming Sat.
    Have a happy, sunny day!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post. We all need to be reminded to have a thankful spirit.

    I want to see the movie also. I have heard lots of great things about it.

    This week I cleaned out flower beds and worked in the yard. I agree, sunshine makes everything better.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wasn't Courageous wonderful? It was such a powerful movie! We're telling everyone we know to see it! I think we would have much stronger families if every husband and dad would see it! Definitely one of my very favorites also! I think I cried through 75% of it!

    I too am thankful for a Godly husband and dad to his children. Divorce is all around us too; even all in the church and it saddens me so much!

    Hope you have a wonderful day, Wendi!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by....always good to "see" you. :) Your words are so true...I have recently had situation around me that I was helpless in...and all I could do was pray....I want to see that movie...it looks great! Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sad situations. So thankful we can bring our burdens to the Lord in prayer!

    We really want to see Courageous!! We own the other three movies and hope this one will be similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!