Sunday, October 23, 2011

Soaking Up Fall

Thursday afternoon we headed out for our annual fall getaway. I wasn't sure how the weekend would be since it was raining and we were under a high wind advisory when we left. Luckily by Friday morning the weather had improved and we enjoyed frosty mornings, sunny days and crisp nights. Perfect fall weather.




Megan is still enamored with the Smokey the Bear display.


The inn that we stay in does a great job decorating for the season.


Each year we try to get a picture of all of the grand kids in front of this wagon.

Most of the trails and road are centered around a large body of water.


Chuck was trying to show Megan the proper way to skip a rock. One of Megan's favorite things to do. She tried and tried.


There turned out to be more plops and


splashes then skips. She still had a great time.



Chuck took the girls for a hike while I stayed back and enjoyed a good book.


There was also time for a drive. I love old, little towns.


This building was along the town square. In faded letters the top of building says "Genn a Cohen Farmer Friendly". I would love to be able to take a peek at this cute town square about 75 years ago. I can just imagine the hustle and bustle on a Saturday.

There was a cute country decor store and some antique stores to explore.


On our way back to the inn we got off the beaten path and ran across an area of Amish farms. Soon I will share some of those pictures.

As nice as it is to get away it is always good to be home!

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love old towns too. The kids look like they are enjoying themselves. It is nice to get away.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just beautiful!! Lots of happiness!! :-0
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend. I have tried to skip rocks as well, but rarely get it.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful scenery!Is this in Indiana or another state? I so wanted to take Jonathan on a week-end get-away this fall, but the time & Money just weren't there, so I'll plan for spring. We're close to Indiana (1 1/2 hr from Indianapolis) so I thought this beautiful place might be an option! Glad you had such a wonderful week-end with all of you family, and that you all had some much needed R & R!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always think that we should go somewhere new for each vacation. But, we've learned that our kids prefer to go back to the "tried and true" locales. They know what to expect and add to their memory banks. Megan will enjoy this chronicle of her time there, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictutes are beautiful! I'm glad everyone had a great time. Throwing rocks into the water is always fun whether they skip or plop. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!