Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkins & Cupcakes

I hope that everyone had an enjoyable weekend. Things were jumping around here this weekend. Literally!

Friday started out with a fundraising Jump A Thon at school. Then there was an orange party in the classroom. Dinner with the in-laws and a trip to the hardware store. Another section of fence was almost completed.


The swoop needs to be cut and then this section will be done. Yes!

Megan asked for a large pumpkin this year.


She was delighted with this and anxious to get busy.


After all of the yuck and muck was removed it was carving time.


Megan drew both of the faces and Chuck helped her to cut them. I think they turned out great.

I saw a cupcake that looked like candy corn on Pinterest and knew I wanted to try them.


This is the first time Megan has used the mixer by herself. She did really well, but I am waiting for the splatter. I don't think you get the don't pull the beaters out of the batter statement until you do it and make a splatter mess. One of those lessons that you have to learn the hard way.


I didn't get the color separation I was looking for because I forgot to drop the pan on the counter to settle the yellow before I put on the orange batter. Oops! Oh, well I think they are still cute.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!




6 comments:

  1. What a fun time. I like the cupcake idea. She did a great job on drawing the faces.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,very cute---and a great job she did with the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again. What cute cupcakes.:) Sounds like you had a great time. I will have to take a look at pinterest. I keep hearing a lot about it. We enjoyed our pumpkin carving time too.


    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com
    www.homeschoolhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your activities make for great family times...including the work in which I see Megan out there too! That really is enjoying all the simple moments together as a family! I love that! Love your carved pumpkin and the cupcakes are adorable and look delicious. We might have to give those a try!

    Have a great week, Wendi!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekend sound great. I love the cupcakes. Megan's pumpkins look great. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds great! We still have no power and living with the sound of the generator going non stop. I just happend to find a hot spot and wanted to see what you were up to. Have a great week. I don't know when I'll get back on line.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!