Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

On Friday we went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was quite a trip from from where we live. At first I wasn't happy that a kindergarten class was going on such a long trip. Once we arrived I knew it was worth the drive.

We drove down a gravel road through the tree nursery. Once we reached the truck loaded with pumpkins we were finally there.




I just love this truck! Oh, the stories it could tell.

Mama, Daddy, you have to come see the ducks.


The ducks were cute, but the view is what caught my eye.


I felt such peace as I looked over the pond.

Next it was time to hit the pumpkin patch. We loaded onto the hay wagon and off we went.


I love this picture! It captures the fun and joy of the day.

The pumpkins are grown among the Christmas trees. Talk about making every space count.


I like the pumpkin growing in the trees.


It reminded me of an ornament.


I found it! The prefect one.

There were so many things to see and do.





There was a nip in the air and then it started to sprinkle so we wrapped it up and headed home. I am grateful that Chuck was able to take the day off and join us. A fun, fun trip!


I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't I love to live that far out in the country! Too see that view every day! So glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a perfect day! I love how they grew the punkin's in the trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pond picture is a very calming scene. What a neat idea to grow the pumpkins among the Christmas trees.

    What a fun day for all the kids. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip. What great photos you captured. We love to go to the pumpkin patch. We are headed to one this weekend.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like tons of fun and memories! :) I love the pumpkin ornament too. Stop over and say hi...maybe even add a recipe to my new recipe swap I started today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How timeley:) We are heading to the patch today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun!!! So glad the three of you were able to experience this wonderful day as a family. Looks like one of the best pumpkin farms ever! I, too, love the picture of Megan with her daddy, all of the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time! We recently went to a pumpkin farm too. Love this time of year! Love the smiles. =)

    Oh, that log cabin is lovely ~ I sometimes dream about life in one of those! Makes me feel so Laura Ingalls. =)

    G'night!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!