Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homemade Paint

This paint was a huge hit.



Use equal parts water and flour to make this. I used 2 cups each. Mix well and then add food coloring. I poured mine into baby food jars and then added the food coloring in order to have a variety.

I like that I don't have to worry if the toddler gets this in his mouth. Yesterday was day two of using this paint. I would suggest that you shake it really well after it sits for a while. The flour starts to settle to the bottom.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I can do with our granddaughter-thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fun! I've made finger paint before but was a bit more labor intensive(although not hard). I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love all the colors.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It looks so pretty. I have never even thought of making paint. Thanks. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How colorful!

    I think it's fascinating you posted this recipe because we made this exact thing at MOPS last week, and I put mine in two plastic butter tubs. Two days later, I went to get it so we could try it, and the lids had popped off and some of the paint had exploded out!! It was also very stinky.

    I don't plan to make it again due to my experience, but I'm glad it seemed work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I will so try this. Wish I had some baby food jars! Love the colors all lined up together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so pretty in the jars!:) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You are so crafty. I a definitely going to do this with the kiddos.:) Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this, Wendi!! I'm pinning it!!

    His,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!