Thursday, October 06, 2011

As The Light Fades...

I step on the back porch in the crisp evening air and reflect on my days.


A week that started out a little rough is turning into a great week. I could have dissolved into a puddle a few times Monday and Tuesday but I carried on. Choosing instead to accept the fact that the great days and not so good ones are all part of Gods plan. Without some down days would we really enjoy the good ones?

I stepped inside and saw this.


It made me smile and think of my sweet little girl that was tucked soundly in bed. Oh how my sweet girl fills me with love! She is a happy little thing. I call her my sunshine.


As she practices her letters and cutting she sings praise to the Lord and ask me many times if I know that God loves me. Yes, baby girl I know!

I made some sausage biscuits to wrap up and freeze for Chuck to take to work.


Now if only I could master making the biscuits from scratch. I have tried several times and it is always a fail. The sad thing about it is that when I worked at Chick-fil-A I use to make biscuits from scratch every day. Of course that was a long, long time ago. I will keep trying until I one day master it.

For dinner Sunday night we had hamburgers with onion soup.


Have you ever tried this? After the burgers are cooked you pour over a can of french onion soup and let them simmer. Something I grew up having and it is so good.

The sky has been bright blue with bright sunshine this week.


All of the kids I watch have been here often this week and we have been outside soaking up the sun.

Potatoes are sliced and waiting for tonight's dinner.


Laundry is on the line.


I just love how the sun is peeking through the trees! It looks to be another glorious day.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!



5 comments:

  1. Your views are beautiful out your back door. I also love how the sun shines through the trees and the clouds. It makes me wonder if that is how it will look when the Lord comes back. What a blessing that she sings praises to the Lord.

    Have an awesome day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blessing you are to your family! You make your home a Haven just by knowing how special everyone is and doing such nice things for them (like home made meals). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those burgers with the soup look like a yummy comfort food! love reading your posts about the simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burgers look yummy. I have never tried them with the soup but I will now!Your little girl is precious. I hope you guys have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your back yard is lovely. I noticed a swing in the back. I love swings. Your daughter is beautiful. When my girls were younger and they would be singing praise songs I would tell that maybe Jesus was telling His angels to stop singing for a minute because the Dawson girls were singing to Him right then. Those times are so precious. Keep trying on the biscuits but until you get it right, Pillsbury makes a really good frozen biscuit. (smile) Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!