Monday, October 10, 2011

Afternoon of Fun

On Friday afternoon there were no additional kids in my home or errands to run. A treat not to be wasted. We started out taking a walk and collecting leaves. When we returned Megan wanted to craft. This is what we came up with.


She decided what to write and I helped her spell the words. This was shared with Grandma and she was thrilled!

While crafting I keep looking out at this view.


The sky was blue, the sun was shining and the temperature was a wonderful 80*. I knew we had to get back outside!

I grabbed a table cloth while Megan gathered a stack of books.


She looked at books and then she practiced her reading.



After reading for a while we layed down to look at the sky.


Watched the leave dance their way to the ground and were silly.


Hey Mama, take an upside down picture of me! A wonderful, simple afternoon I that I will cherish.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

7 comments:

  1. What a great day you created! So glad you got to enjoy your day - winter is coming soon enough so having this to look back on will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun afternoon. We will go outside and lay on the lawn more in the spring after being cooped up inside. We need to do that in the fall as well.

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the best kind of days!!! I love the turkey craft, we'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I love that you shared your FREE day with your daughter, creating a memory and investing in her. No better way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful day!! Great pictures and I love the craft!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet blog entry! How precious!I love your craft project. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon with your precious little one. I couldn't think of a better way to spend it.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! These are the days to remember. I love the craft project. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!