Monday, September 12, 2011

Unwelcomed Guest

I don't like to be unkind to guest, but I am quite upset about this guest. The four legged kind that likes to chomp through items in the pantry. There is a mouse in the house and I am not happy! He is being very evasive and not walking into the trap. :( Anything not in a cans or jars has been moved to plastic containers. I am quite put out my this guest and will be glad once he is gone!


There is just a hint of color on the neighbors sugar maple. With the dry summer I was worried the leaves would just dry up and fall off. I am looking forward to seeing some beautiful fall colors.
With the change of season it was inevitable that this would take place.


Megan started us off toward the middle of the week and I have been a little under the weather this weekend. I am happy to say that after plenty of rest and a little medicine I am feeling much better.


Friday night fun was playing on the Wii. Megan had lots of fun and it is good exercise.

Chuck spent some time working on fence.


One side of fence (240 ft!) is almost done. He ran out of screws and just has to finish the gate and then cut the rest of the swoop. I am super exited to see the progress.

After dinner last night I went out to the back porch to read. I could hear some clatter in the kitchen and came in to see this.


Megan and Daddy ran to store this afternoon to get me some more medicine and picked themselves up a treat. It warmed my heart to see this!

I am off to start the day. There is plenty of housework to catch up on and I am looking forward to spending some time outside.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!







6 comments:

  1. Sorry you were under the weather but so glad that you are doing better! That fence is looking beautiful, great job. I hope your house guest moves- soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fence looks great. I can sympathize with your uninvited guest. :) I agree the Wii is fun. Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fence looks great. I can sympathize with your uninvited guest. :) I agree the Wii is fun. Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog but have so enjoyed reading it. I really like the candle idea. I purchase 1/2 pt jars at Wal-Mart the other day and they had those cute lids with them. I saw your comment on another blog I read and thought I would come and check you out. Hope you don't mind. Please come check my blog out if you get time. www.merryheartcrafts.com Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had chronic mouse-guests at our last house and I do not miss them one bit! So annoying! Hope you catch him soon!

    Sorry that you've been sick. The babies have been very congested and snotty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!