Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not Feeling It

This drawer describes how I have been feeling this week.


An overwhelmed mess! My heart and my home. I know that I have mentioned before that I tend to be an all or nothing person. Honestly, at this point, that is not going to cut it.

I care four days a week for a one and two year old. That is probably all I need to say. You see I am far from perfect, but I want so badly to be perfect. For things to be perfect. I have been frustrated easily this week. Bits of paper here and there from Megan's crafting. The same basket of toys being dumped and picked up time after time all day long. That pile of paper that comes back day after day. Even after I have just cleared them.

As I sat on the floor helping the boys pick up that basket of toys again! the song 7 x 70 by Chris Angus caught my attention. The line " 7 times 70 times I'll do what it takes to make it right" really struck me. My heavenly father doesn't except perfection and neither should I. He allows me time and time again , even more then 7 times 70 times, to get it right. He never gives up on me. He just expects me to keep going, keep striving to live my best life, my life for Him.


So I will keep moving forward. One day at a time, one second at a time. Getting my home in order one cabinet at a time. Keep loving the precious children in my life and encouraging them to pick up that basket of toys (or even better, not dump it in the first place!). Keep my heart and attitude in check by spending time in prayer and reading His word. Be encouraged that it may take 7 times 70 times to get it right, but that is okay.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I, too, have been on a down hill slide this week. I have a LOT of stuff going on in my life right now and I am so overwhelmed by it all that sometimes I just have to sit and cry. I know God loves me and I know that He is always near, but sometimes it's so easy to forget these things when life is throwing so much at us at one time. I'll pray for you and would appreciate it if you could send one up for me as well. Hope your week ends well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post....I too get overwhelmed by life....but yet I am so thankful for all that I have. Take care and do come say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get overwhelmed as wee (and we all do) I find myself singing the child's song "He's Still Working on Me". It reminds me that we all get those days and we can only do what we can do and that God will accept me where I am on any given day. Hang in there and know that caring for your little ones is far more important than what your cabinets look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said.I took tend to seek perfection. Kind of funny since I am FAR from perfect. LOL. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all the responsibilities but I try to remind myself that in the end none of it will matter. All that will matter is that we take time to love. :) We all have our days but thankfully, our heavenly Father knows our needs and if we constantly seek him, he will fill our cup. Have a blessed day.

    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post. I think you have described us all at one time or another in our lives. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post hit me at the right time as well. I am so overwhelmed with canning right now that I can't get everything else done. You have given me some things to think about.

    Those are lovely flowers. Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well stated, Wendi. I can't tell you how often my heart and home feels (and looks) like that messy drawer...like hourly sometimes! ha! (But I must confess, my favorite part of that drawer is the *heart* container sitting right on top ~ God loves you!) =)

    Praying the Lord will calm your heart and that today is fresh. *Psalm 61:2*

    Thanks for sharing this ~ it blessed me as I've been discouraged too and letting my circumstances frustrate me. Praying that the Lord will restore our joy!

    Blessings on your weekend ~
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I often feel overwhelmed lately too, trying to do college full time, juggle schedules, keep house, plan healthy meals, exercise, volunteer. etc. Seems like there are not enough hours in a day! Thanks for reminding me to slow down.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!