Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's That Time Again...


for fun Fall festivals,


a pot of something yummy cooking away all day,


spending time inside, practicing writing


or playing with a friend.

Time to fluff the nest. Speaking of fluffing I thought I would share a little trick I use when decorating.


If I need more height for an item I will use a piece of scrap wood if it won't be seen.


Without the added height the plate would have been hidden behind the sign.


I also used it here to raise up a picture that I wanted to set on some blocks.


Once the fluffing is done it is time to make things cozy.


There has been rain and more rain this weekend and the soft glow of lamp light provided just the right feel of cozy.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea about using scraps of wood. I will have to remember that.

    We were warm yesterday, but today has been nice.

    Have a wonderful evening with your family.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea? Your decorations look so pretty. I love fall. Both of my girls have October birthdays, so fall is extra special for us. Hope you have a great week.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one smart decorator! I love Faisal as well, they start soon up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are so pretty. What a great idea about using wood scraps to get them higher. I will have to remember that. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the pictures! Fall festivals are starting here, too, and there is a couple I'd like to attend. Jonathan's school will have one Oct 8. Love Megan's neat handwriting, she's doing so well! And I, too, love the country decorations, so warm & inviting.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it much!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Don't you just love Fall? It's my favorite time of year!!

    blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!