Wednesday, September 07, 2011

A Chill in the Air

It went from 100* on Saturday to a high predicted of 68* today. I am loving this weather!


I have been taking my morning tea to the back porch. It feels wonderful to enjoy the warmth of the tea in the cool of the morning. A simple pleasure indeed!

The baby took a long nap yesterday so we snuck outside to play.


Although it was a little chilly the band keep marching.


I started a little fall decorating. Nothing fancy just a few simple mums here and there.

Since it was too cool to have the baby out I have to come up with ways to keep things fun. I quickly drew roads and a little town on a piece of kraft paper.


It was a huge hit! Not only did they play with cars for a long time but they also pulled out crayons to decorate the town.

A chilly day called for a chili dinner. I placed a serving of chili in Mason jars and topped with cornbread batter. I then baked it.


If you like cornbread mixed in your chili you will love this. The batter drops down into the chili and it was delicious!

I plan to throw open all the windows later this week and start cleaning. The weather make me want to get things in order and make things cozy for a long stay inside.

I hope you are taking time to enjoy the simple moments!





4 comments:

  1. So glad it cooled off for you to enjoy some hot tea. I love the warmth it gives my hands as well. Great idea about the road on paper. Enjoy your fall cleaning. I have ours done and only have to pull out the fall clothes ( which I hate doing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather's done the same. I'm having a hard time adjusting to going from shorts one day to sweater, jeans and socks the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, your white mug is cute! Second of all, we've experienced the drastic change in temperature here as well. And thirdly, the chili/cornbread idea is ingenious. You just put cooked chili in the bottom of the mason jar, put raw cornbread batter on top, and bake it? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The winds are a changin' ~ and I couldn't be more thrilled! Your weather sounds very much like ours, and this past weekend the "crispness" of the air was a welcome blessing.

    Your craft paper city is so creative!!! Love it!

    Blessings on your day,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!